The U.S. Army’s Foreign Military Studies Office (FMSO) and its sister organization, the Global Culture Knowledge Network (GCKN), are currently accepting applications for remote Research Fellows for Fall 2023.
For the fall of 2023, FMSO and GCKN invite applicants currently enrolled in M.A. and B.A. programs to serve as remote FMSO-GCKN Research Fellows. The primary task of FMSO-GCKN Research Fellows will be to conduct research on foreign militaries around the world. Ideal candidates will have:
- Area studies expertise (including language competency, travel, and/or study) in one or more of:
- Middle East
- Latin America
- An interest in security studies, international relations, and/or military affairs
- A desire to research, write about, and publish on pressing current affairs relevant to the U.S. Government
- An interest in learning about and working with members of the U.S. Government and the Department of Defense
- Impeccable attention to detail in research and writing
- The ability to work independently and efficiently
The expected time commitment for this Fellowship is approximately 10 hours per week, from 15 September to 15 December. While there will be weekly online meetings, FMSO-GCKN Fellows’ research tasks can be conducted on their own schedule.
This Fellowship is remote and unpaid. However, depending on university approval, it may be used for elective course credit.
If interested, please send a one-page cover letter detailing your background and interest in the position, a copy of your resume or CV, and a written paper demonstrating your interest or background in one of these topics. These should be sent to: email@example.com no later than 5 September 2023.